Search This Blog

Saturday 2 February 2013

Why am I a freelance writer

Well throughout this blog I have talked about various writing sites I use to make money, but did I ever tell you why I actually write? If I did apologise for being repetitive.

I write because I enjoy it. The thing I enjoy most apart from making money, is seeing traffic spikes to my online content. The majority of my online writing is at Squidoo where I am doing very well. I am finding my offline job stressful due to long hours including nightshifts and weekend work. I like many other people believe life is for living and it is far too short so I want to maintain a balance between work and play. When I am not at my offline job I am either on the internet or with my family or boyfriend. I want to devote more time to online writing and my family and less to my offline job, therefore I have asked for less hours in my offline job. I have only been able to do this because I have worked so hard online building up my portfolio of work. This has helped me overpay my mortgage significantly reducing my debt and monthly payments. I like to play it safe so if my online portfolio disappeared completely and I had less hours in my offline job I could still manage. Therefore I will be spending as much of my free time as possible expanding my horizons online and paying down my mortgage debt.

Why do you write?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have hit the nail! I was once a desperate homemaker not confident enough to stand up to the world. I am a good one though. I can sew, knit, cook, and take tuitions (for my children). But making money out of…I have never dreamt of. One day I came across sell and buy brochures,freelance social media and that changed my life. I am now selling my teaching skills by recording syllabus for fifth to eighth graders, and people have bought my video. I still cannot believe it. Want to make money like me? Check out www.zopthemes.com too. You can earn for whatever you can do. The sky is the limit.